OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need For Speed Shift Unleashed (2)

+20
TEEROY 34
stikman
Sleuth 101
Waffelz
Don Stylz
JamieWhincup#1
Obsidith
ted
OctarineDream
Dazza4610
mad DANNO 29
NoRecoil
FrankTank
Envy The Best
RU four 86
crimson eagle73
okrad
Rinkly
mcrow5
Arckon
24 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Need For Speed Shift Unleashed (2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Need For Speed Shift Unleashed (2)

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:00 am

hillcrest34 wrote:im looking forward to this, they've got full licences for the GT1s and GT3s, though ive heard talks of them claiming that they will outperform forza and gt5 which i dont really think they can achieve

I believe it. The way Naughty Bear outperforms Dead Space.

I'll take a look at this game but really, with all the potential to do something astonishing, year after year they churn out the next forgettable arcade racer that allows an 11 year old (and this has happened) to boast about his racing ability. He didn't believe me when I said that drafting cars doesn't refill your nitrous and in fact, most cars simply don't have a nitrous button. I hate that fat little kid.

Back to top Go down

Need For Speed Shift Unleashed (2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Need For Speed Shift Unleashed (2)

Post by crimson eagle73 Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:16 am

He didn't believe me when I said that drafting cars doesn't refill your nitrous

It doesn't????

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:32 am

Apparantly not... even if your car IS fitted with nitrous!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:54 am

I would almost bet, if this game has Bathurst, and the rights, then there is no way Forza will have Bathurst... But you never know, I have been wrong once before.

Maybe a bunch of us could do a weekly rental, pick a car and have a Friday night run at Bathurst... then return it on Saturday.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:03 pm

As much as I hope this game lives up to at least some of the hype - I still feel burnt from the last Shift, and remember how stupid I felt for having believed that marketing bollocks.

So if some of you are going to rent, could you post up your impressions afterwards...
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:31 pm

They get Bathurst because of the series they have the licence for. I'm positive Ive seen GT3's racing round the mountain. I'll probably get the game so I'll let you know how I think it compares. I just hope it's going to work with the Porsche wheel.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:53 pm

FrankTank wrote:As much as I hope this game lives up to at least some of the hype - I still feel burnt from the last Shift, and remember how stupid I felt for having believed that marketing bollocks.

So if some of you are going to rent, could you post up your impressions afterwards...

Ahh yes, NFS:Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 pm

crimson eagle73 wrote:They get Bathurst because of the series they have the licence for. I'm positive Ive seen GT3's racing round the mountain. I'll probably get the game so I'll let you know how I think it compares. I just hope it's going to work with the Porsche wheel.

I'm not sure that the Australian GT series has anything to do with the FIA GT3 series. I know that the Australian GT cars have been declared eligible to compete at the 2011 Bathurst 12 hour, but I really don't think the licenses are linked (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong)
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by okrad Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:57 pm

I'm pretty sure the Aus GT series is standalone. We don't have anything to do with the GT3 series. Yes we have some of the same cars but we also have our own rules. I actually find the sports sedans more entertaining with the Audi v Saab battle, but the 2 front-runners obviously have a lot more money than the backmarkers and it was predictable.

I'm also skeptical of what Shift 2 will bring. The original was rubbish. Typical NFS crap. I'm glad I never bought it, although F1 2010 was also rubbish and I pre-ordered it. Lesson learned. I'll wait for the demo and some reviews before I fork out the time and cash. Bathurst and night racing is enticing but the marketing hype shouldn't be believed until you actually give it a try.
okrad
okrad
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:30 pm

There's an interview / initial impressions over at Inside Sim Racing.

http://www.insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/409/0/Inside-Sim-Racing-Episodes

Shaun refused to say that the handling was good - but did say that it was 'a little bit in that sim direction'. Most of the video is Jessica's interview with Jesse Abney - the Producer - but at about the 17 minute mark Sean does give some impressions.
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:43 pm

hmmm. This one has me worried. Almost like Shaun wanted to say . 'This is complete crap compared to Forza and Gran Turismo.' but couldn't because they want to stay on good terms so they said something 'polite'. I hope they fix up the support for the wheels as I'm interested in the night racing aspect.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:46 pm

v8 supercars?

and the best apart about that video........

is jess!!! SO HOT!

Last edited by mcrow5 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
mcrow5
mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:47 pm

mcrow5 wrote:1.35

v8 supercars?

I thought I saw a Ford... then replayed and paused, and there is definately a Ford in the video... I think it is from iRacing Ad though, as it carries InsideSimRacing.tv livery.

Need For Speed Shift Unleashed (2) - Page 2 Shift210

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:25 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:
mcrow5 wrote:1.35

v8 supercars?

I thought I saw a Ford... then replayed and paused, and there is definately a Ford in the video... I think it is from iRacing Ad though, as it carries InsideSimRacing.tv livery.
It is absolutely definitely an ad for iRacing - they have a Ford V8 Supercar, but not Holden from what I can tell. (they mention the rivalry in the description of the Ford, but there isn't a Holden that I could find)
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:11 pm

See how many versions of the ring there are. Forza only has 2 and you have to pay extra for dlc of one.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Tell me if this does not want to make you buy it?
http://www.needforspeed.com/node/23113?source=shift2

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:53 pm

crimson eagle73 wrote:Tell me if this does not want to make you buy it?
http://www.needforspeed.com/node/23113?source=shift2

Does look very nice. Love the window view. haha that telemetry is such a rip off of Forza! Looks nearly identical! I'll definitely at least rent it out and test run.

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:11 pm

oh hell yeah! gonna get this game for sure.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:17 pm

i will look at this but it wont be a sure-fire purchase until i've tried it. Shift was horrendous, it started out ok but got progressively worse as you moved up tiers. i'm sure they were concentrating on the feel of racing more than the physics of it. it got so frustrating when you put wheels of the track ( in a full spec race car ) and suddenly the car starts rocking about like a 10 year old taxi. and the drivers head always seemed to be on spring, connected to a hinge, glued to rubber bouncy ball.

unfortunately with the video snippets it looks nice but they are so small that any lack of detail gets hidden. even my mug looks good if the photo is small enough Razz

it does look visually cleaner though, reminding me of Forza3, all that rubbish anti-aliasing has been toned down. note also the telemetry screen, how close does it look to Forza's!

kind of worrying too when one of the developers claims it will have the most realistic physics of ANY racing game. my bullshit-o-meter kind of went off right there. i assume it's quite impossible to have a console racer perform better than iRacing, considering the hardware restrictions of a console.

it's going to take a massive leap forward in the franchise to pull through on a claim like that.

i will be watching...
ted
ted
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:I would almost bet, if this game has Bathurst, and the rights, then there is no way Forza will have Bathurst... But you never know, I have been wrong once before.

Maybe a bunch of us could do a weekly rental, pick a car and have a Friday night run at Bathurst... then return it on Saturday.

i've read a post at FM.net that claims that GRID-Reloaded, has Bathurst in it. it's even available as DLC for GRID on PS3 apparently! can anyone here confirm this?

would that mean that no-one has specific rights to featuring Bathurst, now it will be in more than one game?

ted
ted
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:17 pm

ted wrote:[
i've read a post at FM.net that claims that GRID-Reloaded, has Bathurst in it. it's even available as DLC for GRID on PS3 apparently! can anyone here confirm this?

would that mean that no-one has specific rights to featuring Bathurst, now it will be in more than one game?

I can confirm Grid does have Bathurst on the re-released Grid-Reloaded however it is only on PS3 (NOT ON XBOX 360). I took grid back after 1 week, but re brought Grid-Reloaded for $35 simply for Bathurst. Having said that it is not up to the quality of grid, it seems like graphically it has been lifted straight from the PS2 Codemasters V8 supercars game. Perhaps that is why Microsoft put the Kabosh on it for 360, not sure.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Just got a FAQ for this game answering some common questions from Devs on the NFS site. Quite interesting. Sounds like they are ripping the best parts of Forza off. Here is a run down of the noteworthy mentions:

Tire wear modelled inc pressures and compounds.
Building and tuning as important as racing.
Full grid of FIA GT1 ad GT3 with every car. (sounds like a lot of cars on the track at one time)
Sim style physics with driving aids that can be turned on/off (F3 rip off)
DLC available but no details announced.
Steering wheel support including the microsoft wheel, Fanatec Turbo s and similar, and Drive FX.
Custom liveries and cars can be painted.
Engine swaps (only within the manufacturer) but no drivetrain conversions supported.
Endurance racing included Road America, Brno, Bathust, Suzuka, SPA, and Nordschleife.
Online and be set to 25 Laps. Quick events can be set up to 99 laps

On physics.
":For S2U physics model you are constantly dancing with the limit of adhesion and have the ability to control the angle with throttle and steering inputs (in other words, you can drive a car lol)
To the doubters it's a leap forward from shift 1 and has stepped away from any sense of arcadeness."

Driver able to look into corners via helmet cam.
There is clutch support (probably digital on/off type clutch)
Online can have 12 cars racing at once.

Sounds a bit like Forza 3.5. All this could be BS but somehow I don't think so. FWIW I have pre ordered this and will probably spend a lot of time. Best thing is my GT2 wheel will probably come pretty soon after the game is released. And if all this BS I can always pop Forza 3 back into the console.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Obsidith Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:17 pm

It does seem good but Im waiting atleast untill its out for some real reviews before giving a NFS game a try

Obsidith
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:24 pm

Obsidith wrote:It does seem good but Im waiting atleast untill its out for some real reviews before giving a NFS game a try
Ill be doing the EB games "Rental" on the release day - Ill give a review once tested
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Obsidith Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:49 pm

just found this video of a guy driving around in shift 2

to me it looks crap and the brake disc glow is a joke

Obsidith
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:01 pm

I hope there is tuning available, that car has way too much oversteer for me.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Obsidith Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Found one of fav track

Obsidith
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next